Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Early Mornings, Long Days

Today started off great, we had to wake Geddy up at 6:30 am just to find out what he did with Scott's comb. Scott was trying to get ready for work and came and asked me to help him look for it. After searching everywhere we could think of we finally decided to wake Geddy up. Luckily, Geddy wakes up fast and fully alert. When we asked him if he knew where Daddy's comb was, he immediately answered "the computer room". I said, "no, Mama already looked in there, where did you put it last night?" He again says "It is in the computer room with Spanky's comb". He jumped up and went back to the computer room and pulled both combs off the bookshelf where he had stuck them in between stacks of books. There was no way Scott or I would have ever noticed them there, let alone looked for them there. I wasn't too bothered by waking Geddy up because I thought he would take a nap. Yeah right! He has refused to take a nap, now it is too late for him to have one if we want him to go to sleep at all tonight. So it will be a long afternoon of trying to keep him awake. We are also in the midst of potty-training which is quite frustrating for both Geddy and me. He has done well the past couple of days with minimal accidents. Today though, he is wetting his pants on purpose because he wants a diaper on. At least that is what he is telling me. He says, "I go pee in my pants, I don't want to use the toilet, I want a diaper." Then he proceeds to go before I can get him in the bathroom. I told him if that's how he wants to do things, so be it, he is still not going to have a diaper on until it is time for me to go to work. I just know if I give into him today, then it will be harder to keep going with it tomorrow. Sorry no pictures, our computer has been a pain lately. Hopefully by tomorrow I will get them uploaded and a more interesting entry in our blog.

2 comments:

Raspberry said...

Ugh. The painful process of potty training. (Say THAT 10 times fast!)

Chantelle said...

OH! Lovely fun.