Friday, February 27, 2009

Favorite Picture Books from 2008

Here is a list of my favorite picture books that I read in 2008. Again, they are in no particular order. Also, just because I read them in 2008, doesn't mean they were all published in 2008.

  1. A Family for Old Mill Farm - Shutta Crum
  2. Gallop - Rufus Butler Seeder
  3. Swing - Rufus Butler Seeder
  4. Peanut - Linas Alsenas
  5. Iggy Peck, Architect - Andrea Beaty
  6. Smitten - David Gordon
  7. The Secret Life of Walter Kitty - Barbara Jean Hicks
  8. Not a Stick - Antoinette Portis
  9. 365 Penguins - Jean-Luc Fromental
  10. The Girl in the Castle in the Museum - Kate Bernheimer
  11. Duck Soup - Jackie Urbanovic
  12. Waking Beauty - Leah Wilcox
  13. Night of the Veggie Monster - George McClements
  14. Baby Brains and Robo Mom - Simon James
  15. My First . . . - Eva Montanari
  16. Never Take a Shark to the Dentist - Judi Barrett
  17. Pet of the Met - Lydia and Don Freeman
  18. Ridin' Dinos with Buck Bronco - George McClements
  19. The Eyes of the Unicorn - Teresa Bateman
  20. The Retired Kid - Jon Agee
  21. The Rubber-Legged Duck - John G. Keller
  22. Jumpy Jack and Googily - Meg Rosoff
  23. Fartiste - Kathleen Krull
  24. The Black Book of Color - Menena Cottin
  25. No No Yes Yes - Leslie Patricelli
  26. M is for Mischief - Linda Ashman
  27. The Sea Serpent and Me - Dashka Slater
  28. Twelve Terrible Things - Marty Kelley
  29. Ghosts in the House! - Kazuno Kohara
  30. Scary Godmother - Jill Thompson
  31. Turk & Runt - Lisa Wheeler
  32. When Dinosaurs Came with Everything - Elisa Broach
  33. A Pirate's Quest - Laura Sams
  34. Those Darn Squirrels! - Adam Rubin
  35. A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever - Marla Frazee

I know that is a long list, but considering I read 624 pictures books in 2008, I think I did a pretty good job narrowing it down to 35! I also re-read all the Dr. Seuss, Mercer Mayer, David Shannon and Jane Yolen's "How do Dinosaurs..." series. These are all books that will always be on my favorites list.

1 comment:

Raspberry said...

Nice - 624! I must confess I'm not as good with those. I do a lot better with non-fiction, though...I'll have to try a few of these. Thanks!