(Yes, I am still playing catch-up. I am almost done, then I can get back to real time).
July 26th was my Dad's birthday. It was also the day before Geddy's birthday and a Saturday, so the best time to celebrate Geddy's birthday. Dad was fine with sharing his day with Geddy. I think we all know that birthdays are much more important and exciting to 2-year-olds than 61-year-olds! We decided to head out to Lehi to Thanksgiving Point. We had been promising Geddy that we would go see "dinosaur bones" when Papa and Grandma were here. Geddy loved every minute of it. One of his very favorite things was eating lunch in the museum cafe. He had chicken nuggets which were shaped like dinosaurs. Now every time he eats chicken nuggets he calls them dinosaurs and growls at them - even if they look nothing like dinosaurs. We also watched a 3-D IMAX dinosaur movie. Geddy loved the glasses, but fell asleep before the movie even started.
Then we made our way over to Farm Country. It was supposed to be a petting zoo, but you only got to pet anything if it was near the fence and not trying to bite your fingers off. Geddy got to pet some baby goats and some big goats. A calf tried to suckle on his fingers. The pigs put on an entertaining show for us, they were in a very playful mood. Other than that there wasn't much to pet. Then we found the pony ride! I thought for sure Geddy would be at least a little bit scared, he sometimes doesn't do well with heights. He was ecstatic and laughed the whole time. We were able to let him ride a second time. He even wanted a third ride, but the line was too long so we told him we would go back another day. Even now, more than three weeks later (which is a long time for a little kid's memory), if he sees a picture of a horse he always says, "Geddy ride horsie". And I know it is quite an unflattering picture of me with Geddy on the horse. I have Scott to thank for taking it from such an unattractive angle, he could have stood up and it might have turned out better. Oh well, Geddy looks adorable as usual.
To finish the day off we went to Chuck E. Cheese in Orem. Geddy had a blast trying different rides - including this one with Chuck E that took his picture. He tried a variety of games, but his favorite (as if you had any doubts) was the basketball shooting game. He racked up quite the high score every time he did it. We ended up with enough tickets to get a small frisbee and some Tootsie Pops. The pizza was decent too.






1 comment:
Looks like so much fun! And no, I'm personally not tired of slide shows...I like them. The dinosaur museum looks really neat and I love that now all chicken nuggets are also considered dinosaurs by Geddy. ( ; I'm glad he had so much fun riding the pony! You're such good parents and you do so many fun, creative things!
Post a Comment