
Geddy seemed to be fine when he woke up yesterday (Wednesday morning) but after a couple of hours he started being fussy. I thought he was just being difficult about breakfast then realized he was shivering because of a fever. I gave him some Tylenol and lay down on the couch with him. After two doses of Tylenol the fever was just getting higher (almost 104). Then I decided to alternate it with Ibuprofen every few hours. That seemed to do the trick. Even though he wasn't feeling good, he still smiled as soon as he saw the camera (first picture).

For a while anyhow. Geddy perked up when Scott got home. He started running around and playing basketball. Of course he over did it and ended up with the chills and his fever went right back up to 104. I got damp washcloths and sponge bathed him and eventually it dropped. Of course he hadn't been able to eat anything all day. Every time his fever peaked he would throw up.

We finally got him to eat a Popsicle late last night. I told him to not get used to being allowed to eat Popsicles on the couch. That revived him a bit and he played (more quietly this time) for an hour or so. Doesn't his hair look great in that picture, thanks to me constantly wiping his head with a damp cloth and also his sweating when his fever would break. He wouldn't look at me because there was a basketball game on TV. He did go to bed and sleep for about three hours. Of course he was up again around 2:30 this morning with a high fever and throwing up. But that was the last time. I checked his temperature a couple of hours ago and it was right at 99.2, so pretty normal.

Thankfully he is feeling a bit better. Though he isn't wanting to eat anything. But then he is fussy because he is hungry. I did manage to get him to eat some Chicken Noodle-O Soup (only because there were O's in it). I took him to McDonald's for a milkshake. That has livened him up a bit. Though you can tell from this picture taken a few minutes ago that he is definitely not his normal exuberant self. I just hate illnesses like this though, he has no symptoms other than a fever. I don't know if I should blame nursery or not. Whenever he gets sick it is on a Wednesday after he has been to nursery. He is wanting me to lay down on the couch with him and watch Elmo in Grouchland so I better quit typing.
No comments:
Post a Comment