
I finally remembered to buy a step stool so Geddy can wash his own hands and face at the bathroom sink. He can also turn off and on the water, he quickly learned to only touch the one that has a "C" (for cookie he says - thank you Sesame Street). He even can flip the light switch on and off.

He very enthusiastically brushed his teeth. He wants to brush his teeth constantly now, a definite improvement. I hesitated for so long because as you can see, our bathroom is quite small. I didn't want a stool being out and in the way, we already have the Elmo potty chair doing that. Then I finally had the brilliant and oh-so-obvious idea of keeping the stool in the cupboard under the sink when it wasn't in use. So after cleaning out the cupboard, I taught Geddy to get it out himself and put it back himself. It has only been a couple of days but so far he is doing great.

This simple purchase of a step stool has allowed Geddy a lot more freedom and independence. After using it to brush his teeth the first time he gave me a big hug and kiss and said very exuberantly and sincerely, "Thank you, Mom!"
1 comment:
Great idea! He looks so thrilled...I love that he's wanting to brush his own teeth; that's wonderful.
Post a Comment