Geddy wanted to type for this entry. He typed out a couple of sentences (I just tell him what letter to push and he finds it on the keyboard and types it). He did pretty good, then he told me he was "typing like Mama" and moved his fingers all over the keyboard. I have no idea what all he hit, but he deleted this whole entry. I ended up having to restart the whole computer because he had froze it up. We will try that another time.
Being the sports nut that he is, Geddy is always wanting new sports equipment. He has played around in the garage with mine and Scott's tennis rackets a few times. He watched a lot of the US Open a few weeks ago. So tennis was the request of the past week. I guess he figures since he has tried golf once he is ready to move on to something else. We took him to Toys R Us on Saturday. He still had some birthday money he wanted to spend. He couldn't decided between a new hockey stick or a tennis racket. We helped him decided on the tennis rackets. He got two child size tennis rackets and two tennis balls in a cute little case for only $9.99. So of course we had to go play right away. Actually, Scott and I have wanted to start playing again for some time. We just weren't sure what to do with Geddy. We went down to the courts at the high school and were glad to have the whole place to ourselves. Geddy actually let us show him how to use his racket. (And yes, he is definitely a lefty). He then took a ball and hit it all over the court. He got quite a workout chasing it and hitting it, chasing it and hitting it, etc. . . It kept him occupied so Scott and I could play a bit. I really need to play a few more times to reacquaint myself with my racket. It has been three years since I last played. We hope to take advantage of the slightly cooler weather and play a little each Saturday.



No comments:
Post a Comment