Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Christmas Morning 2010

Smiling can be a challenge early in the morning. But he really was excited about his easel from Santa. He was really surprised though, he hadn't asked Santa for this. He actually had asked Santa for another stuffed kitty. I told him I wrote a letter to Santa saying he didn't really need a new kitty because he still had Shoshi. I suggested that Santa give him something to help him be an artist, as that is what he claims he is going to be when he grows up. (Along with a doctor and a basketball and tennis player).
Ready for more!

Hi Real Construction set from Santa. He saw commercials for this and was super excited because it comes with real tools that cut the Real Construction Wood (aka foam), but not him so it is safe to use. He has built a small tree fort and a jet plane with the set so far (and mom's help). He also got the Moon Sand he wanted from Santa. Though if I had realized exactly hoe messy moon sand was, I probably would have suggested Santa bring something else instead when I wrote that letter.

Carefully opening the next package. Such a worrywart of a kid. As I was putting him to bed Christmas Eve his parting words to me were, "Mom, what are we going to do? All that paper is going to make a huge mess in our living room!"

The picture he drew for Daddy for a present.

A new book from his teacher, Mr. Brad.
He loves his new sweater from Great-Grandma Darlene!

 
His present from Daddy (Mommy refused to have anything to do with it). He loves it! In fact we have to hide it (along with the CD) so he doesn't constantly ask for it.
His I don't know shrug - he needed Dad's help reading the tag.


An awesome Iron Man lego set from Papa Bruce and Grandma Rayne.

His favorite present of the day - well one of them. He has wanted a pillow pet, and this dog in particular for ages. Somehow Uncle Ken and Aunt Liliana in Tennessee knew this and made him a very happy little boy.
One of the many cool shirts he got. I love his expression in this one.
Some of his cool pirate gear that came with a book and treasure map and all sorts of things from Grandma Cheryl.

1 comment:

Lee Family said...

Cute!! I don't even remember if I blogged about our Christmas...
Santa brought the boys an easel a few years ago and they love it. I love how you wrote Santa a letter :) Nathaniel wanted Moon Sand...told him he gets to play with it at preschool, that was good enough.
Laughed about the MJ gift...we could have made him a couple more CDs and sent to add to his collection :)