We checked out Payson Lakes (at least one of them). There was a $7 fee that we didn't want to pay as we knew were only going to be a few minutes. We just quickly walked to this little lake and took some pictures.
I couldn't believe how green everything was. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised after all the rain we got in June.
We stopped at a couple of overlooks to view the scenery.
Of course, I had to get pictures of the view that included Scott and Geddy.
Until we followed this little trail to "Devil's Kitchen". Everything was green until we walked around this curve. Then there was this amazing red-rock-filled little canyon.
The camera really didn't do it justice like it does for the greenery.



We couldn't have picked a more beautiful day to explore. It was a great reminder of what a beautiful world we live in. I know that I take the mountains and nature itself for granted a lot. I get caught up in my immediate surroundings at home and at work and don't take time to look around me. This weekend was a perfect family time for us. I just hope we can have many more. Geddy always asks if we are "going to do really fun things" or "have new adventures" when it is Saturday. Scott and I try our best to make it so.(Sorry for all of the pictures, I am terrible at deciding which ones not to include).






1 comment:
That sounds so fun! We haven't done a ton of hiking yet, because Eli still walks in circles. But that's what dads are for....so we'll try with our families this month. :)
(Geddy is darling.)
Post a Comment