Long time I know. I have tons to catch up on like my birthday, Memorial Day weekend, the zoo, Geddy stories, etc. I am not going to do any of that now. I have neglected this blog for no real reason other than I hardly turn my computer on anymore during the day. Geddy and I are to busy working outside, organizing the basement and doing "pre-school" to think about things like blogging. I am not supposed to do it at work. I have been putting lots of posts on my reading blog because I can do that at work.
Now for the reason for the title. My strange 24 hours began last night on my way home from work around 9:45 pm. I had been following this Sheriff's SUV most the way home from Provo. He was a BAD driver. He sped through 2 construction zones, changed lanes multiple times without ever using a signal then slowed down once he got to the 75 mph zone. I was so annoyed with him that I passed him going maybe 3 miles over the speed limit. I go on my way to the exit and of course, he follows me off. No sooner had I turned onto Main Street when he turned his lovely, flashing lights on. I immediately pulled over having no idea what I had done wrong. He finally comes to the window and I give him my license and registration. He asked if I realized that my registration expired in May? I replied, "Yes, May of 2010". I knew I didn't have the new sticker on yet because it had just come in the mail the day before and I hadn't been home long enough to put it on. However, I had the temporary registration posted in my rear window like I was instructed to do. When I pointed this out to the officer he went back and looked with a flashlight and said, "Your window is too dirty to read it clearly. You really should tape it higher in your window." He kept bothering me for several minutes. I was getting really annoyed, because he had no reason to keep me there so long. He saw the paper that showed I had registered my car, the temporary one was good until the 14th and I had told him the sticker was at home. There was absolutely nothing he could cite me for. Though I did feel like commenting on his driving skills, I refrained. I figured if I had done so he would have charged me with harassing an officer or something dumb like that. On a side note, this particular Sheriff actually lives around the corner from us. I don't know his name, I just recognize him and his vehicle. He is your typical small town sheriff; large with a mustache, big hat and attitude.
Seeing how long this is, I have decided to leave you in anticipation of what else happened in the past 24 hours. It is late and I have an early day ahead of me tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment