Geddy and I have been taking full advantage of this wonderful weather. We have had several picnics in the backyard. Every day we head out in the morning to do yard work. Geddy has helped me prune rose bushes, weed flower beds, mow the lawns, chop down an apple tree (still in progress) and take apart our nasty rusted old shed that was serving no practical purpose. We were only using it to store junk we inherited with the house. We took all the random paint cans to a hazardous waste collection a few weeks ago. I put a listing on Craigslist for all the various wood scraps and concrete tree rings we had in there - they were taken within 24 hours, yeah!!! I put all the icky shingles in the garbage can. Then Geddy and I had fun taking the shed apart.
It was a creepy crawly job as there were centipedes, millipedes, roly-polies, wasps, and numerous members of the spider family - including black widows. Geddy was a great help in collecting all the screws and nuts and bolts and nails that had been used to hold this thing together. I would have loved to take all the pieces into Provo for recycling, but as we don't have a truck it would have had to sit in our driveway for awhile until we could borrow one. I just wanted it gone, so I contacted someone that advertised they would come pick up metal scraps and it was gone that evening. YEAH!!!!!
Scott and I think it looks like the perfect place for a little table and chairs and BBQ. But we are most likely going to put Geddy's basketball hoop there.
In the meantime, Geddy thinks it is a fun place to dance. I had to include this last picture because I think that Geddy is looking so grown up. I can't believe he is going to be 3 in a couple months!
2 comments:
I bet that was such a relief to have it gone. I agree about the BBQ....:)
You're amazing! I'm so glad the scraps were all taken; thank you, Craigslist....
The area looks great. I think it will be awesome whether you use it for the b-ball hoop or table n' chairs. Way to go getting that big project done!
Post a Comment